- Poster presentation
- Open Access
Ketcher: web-based chemical structure editor
Journal of Cheminformatics volume 3, Article number: P3 (2011)
It is developed with minimum third-party code to remain its light weight. It is platform-independent and can be used as a structure viewer as well. SciTouch keeps on working to add more features to Ketcher in near future.
Ketcher is available under Affero GPL license.
• Standalone mode. Ketcher supports standalone mode in which no server support is required.
• Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) for rendering. Ketcher uses SVG to achieve the best quality of in-browser chemical structure rendering. SVG standard is supported by most of modern browsers and provides smooth and light-weight drawing. IE rendering is based on VML (Vector Markup Language) instead.
• SMILES strings. SMILES is a compact format for chemical structure representation. Ketcher gives you ability to load and save structure in this useful format.
• Automatic layout (clean up). Server-side structure layout is implemented basing on Indigo cheminformatics library with a Python wrapper. Indigo provides fast 2D structure representation which satisfies common chemical drawing standards.
• And also: MDL (Symyx) molfiles support, hot keys, stereochemistry support, complete undo/redo history and much more.
Ketcher web site: http://scitouch.net/ketcher
Try Ketcher demo: http://scitouch.net/ketcher-demo/ketcher.html
About this article
Cite this article
Karulin, B., Kozhevnikov, M. Ketcher: web-based chemical structure editor. J Cheminform 3, P3 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1186/1758-2946-3-S1-P3
- Structure Representation
- Structure Viewer
- Structure Layout
- Scalable Vector Graphic